|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
Wilcox Oil, started about 1914. First big well was in 1920. H.F. Wilcox retired in 1943.
Tulsa headquarters was built in 1920 on the Southwest corner of Seventh and Denver.
Note typed on the back reads" Close Up View Of Hot Water Heater. To aid in treating the emulsions, the oil is passed up through hot water, and the water is heated in the pipe heater shown. Water enters through the lower line and passes into the 20" pipe acting as a jacket around the 15". It passes out of the jacket in the upper side near the fire-box end. The heater is fired through a jet and air-blower driven with an electric motor using crude oil. The fuel passes through the preheater arrangement attached to the upper or hottest water pipe, and it is warmed to reduce the viscosity. It passes from the preheater to the ejection nozzle through 1" pipe with regulating gate near the fire box end. The heater is arranged so that it can be cleaned by removing the collar on the stack end and running a scraper. Checks are placed in both lines, and a damper is built into the stack to help in regulating heat."